Hello,

This is odd!  I did a new install of Mandrake 8.0, finally finished
re-installing most of my software (kylix, StarOffice, m68k-elf tools,
etc).  I now find that kermit creates an empty /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0
file, it is zero length.  Another program, one I wrote and run under
Mandrake 7.2, also is creating empty lockfiles.  Curiously, minicom is
creating lockfiles with the correct data in them.

I did install this system with "Medium Security"..  Is there something
new under 2.4 kernel based systems / glibc 2.2.2 that is now required to
write data to the lockfile dir?

Right now, I am hacking the minicom sources apart trying to see what it
could be!  Anyone have any ideas?

Puzzled,

TomW

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com