At 12:34 PM 8/22/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi
>Im having problems dual booting mandrake with win2000.  It can boot in
>linu or 2000, but it defaults in to linux if you dont scroll down and
>select windows2000.  Do you klnow of a way where the boot screen can
>default to windows2000.  It boots into a linux gui first and then it
>lists the O/S I can go into.  If it booted into 2000 by default i could
>just edit the boot.ini.  I have tried to edit the lilo conf and i have
>swithed the default to 2000 etc.. but when i restart the linux screen
>pops up and it still defaults to linux.
>
>Any suggestions?

There are several ways to do this. You don't mention what version of Mdk
you're running (or if you're even running Mdk), but I'll assume you're
running 8.0. If you're looking for a GUI tool, go ahead and boot into
Linux, and start up X. Start the Mandrake configuration utility, should be
right there on the desktop. Go to Boot, then to Boot Config. You'll likely
only need to hit ok on the next box, unless you're using Grub as your
bootloader, since the program defaults to Lilo.

At the next screen, you'll see all the options that Grub/Lilo show you when
it starts. Click on Windows, then on Modify, then on Default. Hit OK until
you're out of all the screens. You're done.

If you want to do it from the console, it's simply a matter of editing
/etc/lilo.conf or /boot/grub/menu.lst (I think. Someone will correct me if
I'm wrong) making the appropriate changes, and re-running /sbin/lilo or the
grub installer script and you're done. Just look at the files to see what
needs to be edited.

HTH,

Wayne

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com