-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Craig Jansen
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 7:29 AM
To: Mandrake Experts
Subject: Re: [expert] Athalon 1.2gig & MDK 8.0

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 23:04, you wrote:
> You didn't mentioned the motherboard used or it's chipset.

Unfortunatley I don't actually have that information on hand.. The
system in
question is offsite & it's abit late at night to ring the owner now! :)

> Some chipsets are especially sensitive to certain combinations of
> settings...
>
> I.E. enabling Write Combining, 4x and FAST Writes on your AGP will
> probably hang your video card, etc.

So I am correct in thinking is is a BIOS setting problem and not a
hardware
one.. (I don't think the original 20gig HDD (Which died during a Windows
98
Scandisk) was a Fujitsu)

Best Regards
  Craig Jansen