I just figured out the trouble I've been having installing Mandrake 8
most likely has to do with a defective CD. I downloaded the ISO's and
burned with my Yamaha 8824S and cdrecord with speed=4 after verifying
the download with md5sum. Even so, during attempted installation there
are always error messages on at least one of the XFree86 RPM's, server
4.0.3 being the culprit in the current attempt.

I put the CD into my RedHat 6.2 box and tried to verify the RPM, but a
version mismatch nixes that. I tried copying the RPM to HD using OS/2,
with no problem, but that doesn't really prove anything except that the
file on the CD is readable.

How do I figure out for sure if the CD is really bad?
--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is
wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.members.atlantic.net/

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com