I have been using kde 2.2 tex rpms for about a week now (no problems or
instabilities) which are supposed to be prelinked for speed optimization.
Frankly, I don't really notice a difference.  Konqueror starts within 6
seconds, as does most of the other apps I start but this isn't really
different from when I used basic Mandrake rpms (I have a nearly Mandrake
Cooker system).

Is anyone else using these prelinked-optimized rpms but noticing a real speed
increase?  These things were supposed to improve startup times by 30% or
better (I am NOT complaining about 6 second startups of konqueror - I am just
wondering about the no real apparent decrease in startup times for any and
all kde apps that I have tried).

I have an Athlon 700, 256MB ram.

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com