On 27-Aug-2001 Oscar wrote:
> Sergio Korlowsky escribis:
>>
>> On Sunday 26 August 2001 10:25 am, you wrote:
>> > On Sunday 26 August 2001 05:11 pm, thus spake Oren Gozlan:

>> > At this time, the NTFS filesystem is read-only. I have heard there is
>> > "experimental" write-support in the kernel source, so you can recompile
>> > your kernel to get it. But please note that it is not considered
>> > release-ready code, and should *not* be used on production systems.
>> >
>> > Dave
>>
>> Yes.. but if you check the line in fstab it reads vfat   not ntfs ;-)  and
>> is
>> 'rw'  what I think its wrong, is... it is not mounted!
>
> mmm... but, is the filesystem ntfs or vfat? If fstab refers to vfat and
> the filesystem is ntfs, this is the reason because the filesystem is not
> mounted.
> As Dave says, ntfs filesystem is read-only because write-support is
> experimental. In order to read the filesystem you can change "vfat" to
> "auto". If you need read-write access you must recompile your kernel,
> too.

Actually I don't think that the partition is NTFS at all. I've a vfat and a
ntfs partition on my harddisk, but the installation program of LM 8.0 just
recognized the vfat partition and added it as /mnt/windows.
That's why I think that we are facing a vfat partition and not a ntfs one.

E-Mail: Gregor Maier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 27-Aug-2001
Time: 11:28:29

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com