On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:57:44 +0200, civileme wrote:

>On Tuesday 28 August 2001 16:48, Larry Alkoff wrote:
>> My Mandrake 8.0 system is about a month old and I seem
>> to remember it _used_ to read cdrom's just fine.
>>
>> Now when I try to mount the cd I get the error message:
>> fs fs=iso9660 not supported by kernel
>>
>> There is a proper entry in fstab:
>> /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom fs=iso9660,synch,user,noauto,nosuid,nodev 0 0
>>
>> and a iso9660 entry in /etc/filesystems.
>>
>> How can I fix this?
>>
>> Thanks, Larry Alkoff N2LA
>>

>> Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
>
># supermount -i disable
>
>and erase your desktop icons and make new ones that mount and unmount when clicked.
>
>Civileme

Did supermount -i disable
but still get the same error message.

Locate iso9660            finds nothing.  Tried partial strings of this.
Do I need to load some rpm?

I'll erase the desktop icons when I get the cdrom working at the console.

I deleted automount in fstab to look like this:
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom               fs=iso9660,synch,user,noauto,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/dev/fd0      /mnt/floppy  auto      synch,user,noauto,nosuid,nodev 0 0

Next step?

Larry Alkoff

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com