On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:20, you wrote:
> But I need use [EMAIL PROTECTED] for this specific applicatin only.
> can modify only this to work with the logcheck only ?

Umm...vi /usr/bin/logcheck.sh

change line 42 to SYSDADMIN=alert
:wq

assuming that mail defaults to service.mydomain and that alert is a real
acount., otherwise put an entry into /etc/aliases to redirect to a real
account

That changes the "To" header, which you can use with a filter on your
favorite mail proggy...The script is actually getting run as part of a root
process so the only way I can think of changing the From header is:-
create an account called alert
give the user alert full access to /etc/logcheck and /var/log/
log into the account and set up a cron job to run logcheck.sh
use an alias to redirect the mail to your normal account

seems like overkill to me

Andrew