On Sunday 02 September 2001 04:16 am, civileme wrote:
> On Saturday 01 September 2001 20:28, Mitch Thompson wrote:
> > Ok, just installed Mandrake 8.1b2.  Looks good so far, let's see if CUPS
> > works for a change...Hey, where'd all the printer drivers go?  There USED
> > to be a printer driver for the Lexmark Z51, but it's gone.
> >

> > Sigh.
>
> The network failed to load and execute during install--run printerdrake
> after you get the network up and you should be surprised.  Of course the
> next beta will fix the network bug which had a domino effect on rprinting
> systems
>
> Civileme
I just did an install of 8.1b2, saving my home and var partitions.  I was
unable to print.  After running printerdrake I got the following in the
terminal; along with my cdrom opening and closing on its own.

[root@cal cal]# printerdrake
chroot: cannot execute foomatic-configure: No such file or directory
gimp-1.2.2-3mdk
removable medium not selected
kdebase-2.2-20mdk
removable medium not selected
Starting CUPS printing system: [  OK  ]
parport_pc: Device or resource busy
rmmod: module parport_probe is not loaded
parport: Device or resource busy
modprobe: Can't locate module parport_probe
rmmod: module parport_probe is not loaded
chroot: cannot execute foomatic-configure: No such file or directory
chroot: cannot execute foomatic-configure: No such file or directory
chroot: cannot execute foomatic-configure: No such file or directory
wizcancel at /usr/lib/libDrakX/my_gtk.pm line 542.
Can't upgrade that kind of scalar during global destruction.
[root@cal cal]#

Do I need to rebuild the kernel ?
--
Count on nothing, expect little, hope for everything