On Tuesday 04 September 2001 11:40 am, FLYNN, Steve escribió:
> This might be a silly question but how do I actually perform this
> pre-linking act. I've only just upgraded to MDK 8.0 from 6.5 so I've
> never had this problem before, but I have noticed a considerable
> difference in KDE startup time since performing the re-install...

 You can read up on prelinking here:
    http://www.research.att.com/~leonb/objprelink/

  but Texstar (bless him) has already rebuilt Mandrake KDE2.2 rpms with
objprelink, both i586 and i686 versions.  http://pclinuxonline.com/
available here  ftp://ftp.eastwind.net/pub/mirrors/texstar/

--
        Tom Brinkman                       Galveston Bay