On 06-Sep-2001 William R. Nash wrote:
> Hello i need some help with Linux mandrake security firewall.  I'm trying to
> set up this firewall at home.  I need to open ports tcp 1494 and udp 1604 so
> i can use citrix from home.  i added the ports and when i use nmap it states
> that the ports are closed.  i need to have this ports open so i can work.
> thanks Bill Nash.
>
> P.S. all the other ports i have open states they are open.  Not sure why i
> can't get citrix to work with this firewall.
>  the program work great before the firewall.

If you just open the ports in the firewall you won't see anything with nmap.
First you need a programm that listens on these ports. I.e. you must start the
server first, then you can use nmap to check if the ports are open.

If you've already done this make sure which side tries to establish the
connection maybe you need to add another rule to the firewall.

Gregor

E-Mail: Gregor Maier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 06-Sep-2001
Time: 16:38:35