Bruce E.Harris grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> I am in the process of building a small scall news server. I am studying INN
> at the moment. Can anyone give me some pointers? Things I am wondering about
> are news feeds. Where are they, and who runs them? Fees involved, etc. Also
> wondering if INN is the way to go, or is the another one to consider? I am
> looking at a 24/7 connection for a few groups.

It's been a few years since I admin'd a news server at a university, so I
no longer remember completely how I went about getting my feeds. :-)  The
people who feed our site did so for free.  There may still be some who are
willing to exchange a news feed with you for free, depending on your needs,
etc.

As to "where are they," look at the Path: line in the header of any news
article, you'll see the sites the article went through to get to your
point.  You can try contacting the admins of those sites.  I seem to
remember posting an article in one of the new.admin{.*} groups asking for a
few people willing to exchange a feed with us - you might want to try
looking around in those groups.

Good luck! :-)

              --Dave

--