i'm forwarding this to expert as well
for some reason, my 8.0 kmail sent it to spain

maybe someone has an explanation for both problems !

Subject: [Cooker] 8.1Beta2 LessTif - ldd unable to find libXm
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 21:55:34 +0100
From: stephen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

installed 8.1Beta2, had a 'don't know how to handle error' message about
/mnt/dev/mouse does not exist istr. apart from that relatively all OK

copied my compiling set of files under 7.1...8.0 for a LessTif reqd program,
loads of missing includes, Xm related, also had the ldd unable to locate
 libXm

looked for and did not find the lesstif-devel rpm

went off to hungary.com  and pulled the src rpm

rebuilt, and installed

header probs disappeared, ldd remains

looked at /etc/ld.so.conf, ldconfig'd etc
ld config gave /usr/lib listed twice message, when i added /usr/local/lib
looked at /etc/ld.so.preload, listed libsafe, thought about deleting line,
 but didn't
.
rebooted to 8.0 & confirmed again that it built correctly

any ideas would be much appreaciated

stephen r parkinson