El Lun 10 Sep 2001 18:41, escribiste:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a very anoying problem since I've upgraded
> Linux Mandrake 7.2 to 8.0 on two computers.
>
> The first computer has a hard disk of aprox. 5 GB,
> four primary partitions: the first two are NTFS, the
> third is the Linux system partition, and another Linux
> swap partition
> The active partition is the linux one which contains
> lilo.
> After upgrading from Mandrake 7.2 to 8.0 I noticed
> that NT doesn't see the second partition. The reason
> is that a linux component (probably lilo) had changed
> the partition type into 17 (hidden HPFS/NTFS).
> I tried to change it back to 7 (NTFS) but when I've
> booted NT, the partition it's again hidden.
>
> On the second box, HDD 20GB, the mandrake 8.0 upgrade
> modified the partition table worst than on the first
> one.
>
> The fdisk -V /dev/hda reports an amount of sectors
> unallocated. The cfdisk sees two segments of free
> space on the disk.
>
> I forget to mention that I didn't modified the
> partition table during the upgrade, on neither
> computer.
>
> Did someone had this problem already ?
>
> Thanks,
> Tudor.

I had this problem...
I had 3 primary partitions... and it was the problem.
>From the lilo version in LM 8.0, it does "not support" more than *one*
primary partition (MSDOS-like). If there are more primary partitions, it
hides they at boot time.
My first fix was to install the lilo version from LM 7.2 CD's, but I remember
I had problems with MandrakeUpdate (proposing me to update lilo at every run)
My final fix: backup and repartition disk, leaving only one primary partition
and the others extended. Everything works fine now.
Salu2,
óscar.

--
Usuario de Linux Registrado #227443