Es Divendres 14 Setembre 2001 23:56, en [EMAIL PROTECTED] va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I had almost the exact same thing happen to me; It had to do with what was
> master/slave on the ide controller, what was set to boot first in the
> bios, and adding a line to LILO.  If you tell me what is set to boot first
> in the bios, I might have an idea;
lilo.conf:
-----------
[root@quinipc etc]# cat lilo.conf
boot=/dev/hde
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
vga=794
default=Mandrake8
keytable=/boot/es-latin1.klt
lba32
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message-graphic
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
image=/boot/vmlinuz
         label=Mandrake8
         root=/dev/sdb6
         initrd=/boot/initrd.img
         append=" hdc=ide-scsi"
         vga=788
         read-only
other=/dev/hde1
         label=WinME
         table=/dev/hde
-----------
HD is plugged in the 3rd ide controller, the 1st promise one.  So it's ide2
and i can access its partitions using hde as device.

-ide0: disabled in bios
-ide1: DVD as master
-ide2: IBM 30Gb as master
-ide3: empty

Lilo always run fine (i get no errors).  I've also renamed /dev/hda* to
/dev/hda*.bak and made simbolic links to /dev/hde* and then pointed lilo.conf
to hda instead of hde and lilo still runs fine... but i still get 'LI'  8-?

And i cannot use sda to boot because winME won't boot then... what about
making a partition on hda to have there lilo??  8-?

Thanks for your help!!

--
            Joan Tur. Ibiza - Spain
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ICQ 11407395