Hmm.

Look for "libX11.a", since that's the file that gets compiled into
programs.  If it's in /usr/X11R6/lib/ as well, then I'd look at your GCC
parameters.

It just seems bizarre that it wouldn't work out of the box....

-- Asheesh.

--
<Knghtbrd> Overfiend - BTW, after we've discovered X takes all of 1.4 GIGS
           to build, are you willing admit that X is bloatware?  =>