-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Seak, Teng-Fong
Sent: Monday, 17 September 2001 7:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] Telnet daemon not run!?

     I've Mandrake 7.2.  I want to run a telnet daemon.  telnet related
packages are installed.  inet is running properly.  In the configuration
file, telnet is assigned a port.  But I still can get it to work.  For
example, I can't do

telnet localhost

     What do I miss?  Thanks in advance.

     Fong