From: Franki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 3:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [expert] 486 question

Think you are out of luck I am afraid... they won't install...

you could load mdk 7 and then use it to compile all the src rpm's from 7.2 (a long job I am afraid) to i486, and assuming that glibc and so on are compatable, (they probably are) then you would eventually have a total 486 version of 7.2....

you are better of to get redhat 7.1 last time I checked, they are still compiling for i386... so that should run on your 486 just fine

rgds

Frank