Hi,

I recently jumped to the 2.4.8-24mdk kernel in cooker because
of the slight stupidity of shipping mandrake 8.0 (with the 2.4.3
and reiserfs 3.6.13), that has a known and reproduceable bug in
that it WILL corrupt the filesystem over time.

Anyhow, after upping initscripts to 6.27 startup hangs in the
'setting quotas' (i dont use them), this can me swiftly commented
out, these leaves two problems (see i got round to it eventually),

1) after the gui login, the correct desk top is not loaded (no
deskto is loaded), but a startx does work.

2) alsa is not started correctly, despite a previously working modules.conf

anybody had these problems ?

regards.

------
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              www.amimjf.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    ICQ amimjf 44193496