On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:30:47 -0400 (EDT)
Laurent Duperval <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 17 Sep, Moses Backman III wrote:
> >> i couldn't get it to work either with LM8.0 but BETA3 of 8.1 has it
> > and it works
> > great
>
> Hmm. Ok, I'll have to wait until I upgrade, I guess.

You don't have to wait to upgrade to use your wheel mouse, it doesn't depend on the
distro version. You just have to configure them right, I used my wheel mouse with LM8.0
You need st like:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
#       Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
        Option          "Buttons"               "3"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "no"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
EndSection

in your XF86Config-4, the key-line is : Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
and then you need to configure your apps to work with a wheel, eg netscape doesn't run
out of the box with the wheel, mozilla and any gtk-app do though.

AP
--
Excuse me for butting in, but I'm interrupt-driven...