Hi All,

I currently have a Celeron 466 single CPU (256Mb Ram) box running Mandrake 8,
Oracle8i, etc...etc.

I have the option of gettting hold of another Celeron 466 chip.

Does it seem cost effective to buy a dual motherboard and install this in my
system?

or,

Would the benifits be meagre?

How much work would there be at a system level for the OS installed at the
moment. Would I have to recompile kernels etc or would it just be a case of
plug in the new board and switch on ;-) ?

I am not in a position where the box is screaming out for an upgrade, but
when I have 2 vmware sessions, Oracle, proxy, NFS daemons running etc, etc it
begins to creak a little. It would be nice to get some feedback from people
that have been in a similar position and see what upgrade paths have been
chosen.

Thanks,

Dave.