(If this doesn't classify as 'expert', then I dunno....)

I'm trying to install the Alpha version onto a DEC Alphastation 4000 (twin
processor, 512-meg RAM, 3 x SCSI cards, Storageworks array, 2 x NICs), using
the floppy images (this box doesn't boot from a CD-ROM), but each time it
halts after the second insertion of the root floppy (seq = root floppy, RAM
disk, root floppy), with a 'please try passing an init=' message at the end.

Has anybody any advice on what parameter to feed to the kernel, and how to do
this from the SRM console at boot time?

The alphalinux.org doesn't seem to be up at the moment, so please don't point
me there!!

TIA