Hi David,

All you simply need to do is add another stanza in your /etc/lilo.conf.

For example, here's part of my laptop's lilo.conf:

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.5-3mdksmp
        label=245-3smp
        root=/dev/sda3
        read-only
        optional
        append=" quiet"
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.5-3mdksmp.img

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.6
        label=246
        root=/dev/sda3
        read-only
        optional
        append=" quiet"

So let's say this one is yours.  Near the top of the file, you'll see
your 'default' line to reflect which kernel image will boot by default
(by what label it has).  So if you wanted to boot to the latter kernel
image, just have '246' in your default line.  Like:  default=246

Don't delete your old kosher kernel, just add the new one.  Know what
I'm saying?  And don't forget to run lilo when you're done modifying
your lilo.conf!

Hope that helps,

-Charlie

--
GPG Key fingerprint = 4F36 EC4F 2F2C 5F59 9690  09E5 4C0F 9DB0 8623 53CE
We're all in this alone.