Hi,

I don't know if this is related but after I upgraded to the latest
apache (3.1.20), telnet no longer works. This is because xinetd isn't
running. I have tried to start the demon but nothing happens, no error,
nothing written in /var/log/messages

It's Very stange, This is stopping users from loggin in, ssh works, but
I am fighting some users and still they insist on using telnet. I know I
should be getting them to use ssh, but.....

So the question really is, why isn't xinetd starting and why isn't it
complaining at all.

Can someone help please.

--
Steve Kitchener
Systems Manager (Unix), Supply Chain Division

AspenTech
process. to the power of e.
1 Century Court
Tolpits Lane