Hello all,
        Over the weekend I was able to setup Samba on mdk8.1b3 and I'm
able to see my shares under Network Places on the win2k box and I can
also see my Epson860 printer and I can print to it with most programs.
However, there are a few programs that I've noticed so far that generate
a simple "print error" message and fail to print (microsoft photo editor
and kodak image editor are two such programs).  After this happens, it
takes a few minutes for the win2k box to find the printer again (maybe
it actually is receiving the file and just not spooling it?)

My question is this:  How can I get seamless support for printing?  I
use multiple client platforms (imac, win2k, linux, etc...) but I would
like my backbone stuff (web, email, printer, file servers, etc...) to
run on linux only without having to unplug and plug cables different
places or boot into different operating systems to get the job done.  I
will be setting up netatalk this week, but again, I would like to know
that samba is functioning correctly first.

Should I grab the newer Samba packages from cooker?  Is there maybe a
setting that I've overlooked?  Is the problem more likely to be in the
cups packages or another package that I haven't thought of yet?

TIA, Mike

If my email seems to vague, please write me for more info ~ I really
need help!!

Mike & Tracy Holt
Kirkland, WA
www.holt-tech.net