On Wednesday 26 September 2001 21:35, you wrote:
> Hello all,
>       I've been really frustrated trying to decide on distributions.
> I've got a matrox g400 video card which mandrake 8 and 8.1 both are able
> to detect just fine, but I'm not able to play quake 3 arena (I'm really
> hooked on this game!)  If I load Redhat 7.1 or 7.2(beta), both of those
> distros are able to detect my exact monitor and graphics card during
> install and quake 3 arena works perfect right out of the box.  I really
> want to use Mandrake because I like a lot of the features that it has
> (like blackbox included in the install).  Anyway, if anyone could point
> me where to look to even begin troubleshooting, I would greatly
> appreciate it!
>
> Tia, Mike
>
> ====================
> Mike & Tracy Holt
> Kirkland, WA
> www.holt-tech.net
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ====================

that make us two...   I have been running quake since the beginning,
Quake, Quake2 and Now Quake3 abd Team Arena.

I use to run a VooDoo3 which was detected and ran out of the box,
I was experiencing some difficulties with the latest kernels, thanks to
choumuel got it working with kernel 2.4.8-23 and broken again with
kernel-2.4.8-26  so decided to go back to a NVidia card TNT2-64 I have
w/32mb and tried quake again... just compiled both drivers (latest) and to my
surprise it works beatyfully, I was even able to play Quake3 Team Arena,
which I never did before in Linux.
sk
--
SedeComp Comunicaciones Internet Solutions
MandrakeSoft's VAR and System Integrator

Current Linux kernel 2.4.8-26mdk uptime: 7 hours 52 minutes.