On Thursday 27 September 2001 10:26, belcoop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The newbies list cannot help me with this. Can you?
>
> Geert

It means the CD was not read by the CD drive properly.  Either you have a
marginal CD drive or a marginal CD media or both.  It does not occur
frequently that it will read on one machine and not another, but  it does
happen.  An early lot of Mandrake CDs had this problem (though only one
occurrence was apparent with MacMillan CDs).

Civileme