Franki wrote:

> Just curious about a couple of things...
>
> Where did you get the RPM's in the howto from?
>
> and at what stage did the upgrade fail ????
>
> rgds
>
> Frank

Frank,

some of the packages i got from my 8.0 disks. In fact, most of them came
from there. The "howto" was posted here on the list in this thread.

the upgrade failed due to, and i hate this almost more then some windows
errors, "bad magic" errors during the install of the compat-glibc and
glibc package installs. all the other packages seems to go in just fine.

It wasn't hard to clean up the mess, but it was time consuming.
--
daRcmaTTeR
=/\=???
      |%C++

"Beware of little sins. Mosquitoes drink more blood than lions."
                                        Author unknown