One workaround I have found for this blatant bug in Gnome or GMC
is to create floating panels in Gnome and add launchers for applications
or URL's in them.  I actually like this better now, as I have floating
text captions for the comment section for different apps or websites.

Now I can safely just use Enlightenment without using gnome-session,
I can just launch gmc & panel from with Enlightenment, which according
to the Enlightenment docs, is actually faster.

GenEric