aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

I know I've been able set this up before - what the heck am I doing
wrong now???

I'll back up; I'm trying to setup pine on my linux box (mdk 8.1) and
I've got fetchmail getting the mail just fine.  When I try to send
however, I get the error listed in my subject line (or something to that
effect) and I can also see that it's adding my useraccount@my
computername.etc  and I'm using  verizon dsl which requires that that
says my verizon account ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and I cannot figure out how
to get it into pine.  I've tried setting it up in my .pinerc, etc. but
to no avail.

Can someone please tell me how to send mail with pine without having to
use sendmail?

tia, Mike