On September 30, 2001 10:21 pm, Mike & Tracy Holt wrote:
> Hello experts
> I excitedly installed norton ghost (with support for my yamaha 16x cd
> burner) and was so happy that I could make images of my drive (ALL
> operating systems!) and when problems arise, reinstall everything in a
> matter of minutes to prestine state.  My problem now is that I've
> migrated to XFS and I don't have that comfort know that if something
> happens, I can restore my system in minutes to exactly the way it was.
>  Can someone point me to something comparable for linux using jounaling
> filesystems?

Try using ext3 as your journaling filesystem. It has the exact same specs as
ext2 with journaling as an additional layer, so I'm assuming that ghost will
treat it as ext2 and copy it as such.

I haven't used the latest version, so others can correct me if I'm wrong, but
originally, you could mount the same fs as ext2 or ext3 and it would work
either way, back and forth, with no problems.

-Eric

--
arctic bears - email and name services
25 email addresses@yourdomain CA$11.95/month