Hi all,

I have something of a major problem on my web server... (mdk7.2)

I run Mandrake Update on that box and selected the apache rpm's for
update...

it installed them, and that was the end of my web server...

when I try to start apache, I get lots of PASSED messages and nothing in the
log to tell me why...

So I am now lost as to find out why its not running...

I heard in the newbie list had a problem with SSL which I am not using...
and that they would be removed,, that was over a week ago, and since the
RPM's were there when I ran it last night, I assumed that the problem had
been fixed anyway..

Now I can't even find out why I can't get it working... nothing in
/var/log/httpd (there isn't even an error_log)

there is nothing useful showing up in syslog or messages either..

how can I find out whats stoppin it from running??

I am sort of desperate here....

The RPM's that were updated are:

apache-1.3.20-3.1mdk.i586.rpm         apache-manual-1.3.20-3.1mdk.i586.rpm
apache-common-1.3.20-3.1mdk.i586.rpm
apache-mod_perl-1.3.20_1.24-3.1mdk.i586.rpm
apache-devel-1.3.20-3.1mdk.i586.rpm
apache-mod_perl-devel-1.3.20_1.24-3.1mdk.i586.rpm
apache-suexec-1.3.20-3.1mdk.i586.rpm

I need to know how to find out what the problem is...

I have removed and reinstalled them several times now, in an effort to fix
the problem,, neither the default settings that the rpm's installed or my
backup copy of http.conf will get apache working. httpd-perl starts fine..

Any ideas??

kindest regards

Frank