Chuck Lalli wrote:

> I have upgraded to kernel 2.4.8-26 and am trying now to install the
> kernel-source rpm (2.4.8.26).
> I got the following message:
> ncurses-devel is needed by kernel-source-2.4.8-26mdk
>
> 8.1 rc1 had installed ncurses5.2-16. the only ncurses-devel package I could
> find was 5.2-12 fromrpmfind.net.
>
> I tried to install that and got the following:
> ncurses = 5.2-12.2mdk is needed by ncurses-devel-5.2-12.2mdk
>
> I just want to install my NVIDIA drivers, I understand that I need the
> kernel-source for this.  What can I do from here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chuck

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

As you found out, ncurses-devel has been deprecated in mdk. You can
leave package ncurses-5.2-16mdk installed. Just install
libncurses5-5.2-16mdk (most likely already installed on your system),
and libncurses5-devel-5.2-16. This last package will do the job for your
sources to be installed....

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT SA