After updating to Mandrake 8.1 and NVidia-1.0-1541, I'm having trouble
running accelerated 3D as a regular user. The error is:

$ bounce
Error: Could not open /dev/nvidiactl because the permissions are
too resticitive.  Please see the TROUBLESHOOTING section of
/usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/README for steps to corect.

The steps in the readme say to delete the line beginning with <dri>:

    if your system has the file
        /etc/security/console.perms
    then you want to edit the file and remove the line that starts with
    "<dri>".

Trouble is, I can't log in after doing this as a regular user.

Any help?

-- Stephen