Le Samedi 20 Octobre 2001 08:00, vous avez écrit :

> >   Maximum read  speed in kB/s: 7056
> >   Current read  speed in kB/s: 7056
> >   Maximum write speed in kB/s: 2822
> >   Current write speed in kB/s: 706
>
> This, Current write speed looks really low.
> i.e. a 12/10/32A on one machine I checked recently had these readings:
>
> Maximum read  speed in kB/s: 5645
> Current read  speed in kB/s: 5645
> Maximum write speed in kB/s: 2117
> Current write speed in kB/s: 2117
> Buffer size in KB: 2048

this is just a supposition......
maybe max and current lines mean max speed capabilities of your drive and max
speed allowed on your system.

i copy/past a hint found on cdrecord site.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
General hints:

NOTE: IDE/ATAPI don't have disconnect! you cannot expect the needed
performance for CD-writing if you connect source and destination drive to the
same IDE cable.

If you never like to directly write a CD from CD-ROM source, this
configuration seems to be the best:
IDE 0MSTR->HD1
IDE 0SLAV->HD2
IDE 1MSTR->CD-writer
IDE 1SLAV->CD-ROM

If you like to write from both HD source and CD-ROM source, you should have
the following configuration:
IDE 0MSTR->HD1(does _not_ hold CD mastering data)
IDE 0SLAV->CD-Writer
IDE 1MSTR->HD2(holds CD mastering data)
IDE 1SLAV->CD-ROM

hope this can be usefull for any....

bye
jipe
--
Ta mere elle vote Cheminade au 2eme tour