With the program 'mksmbpasswd.sh' you can create then /etc/smbpasswd file with the users in /etc/passwd, consult the samba documentation in /usr/share/doc.

;-)

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 12:30 PM
Subject: [expert] Samba and smbpasswd file

Hi.

I am trying to setup a Samba server on my LM 8.0 box . The smb.conf is ok (shares and users ) ,I can make login with my w2k client, but smbpasswd file is empty. Which is the format of this file ? I mean smbusers has this format user = user1 user2 ... . I setup smb.conf with swat but in swat there is nothing about passwords I thought that swat managed this file but it seems I was wrong.

Can anyone help me?.

Thanks in advance,
                            Jorge Giménez