Hi all,
I've been trying for over two days to get my Handspring Visor to work with
LM8.1. After it worked with LM8.0, I'm surprised to have so many problems.
If I try to setup gnome-pilot with the wizard, it goes well until the point
where it tries to get the pilot id. I press the hotsync button BEFORE I go
on with the wizard but then I get a message about gpilotd crashing. So, I
decided to hard reset the Visor and try to send the id during the
gnome-pilot setup. Then gpilotd doesn't crash but I can only hear the first
confirmation sound on the visor telling me it connected, eventually the
connection times out. If I try to use pilot-xfer or install-user (which
worked before) I just gives me weird packet pi_accept Input/output error
and only after hard resetting the device and intstall-user on the console I
can use jpilot or pilot-xfer again. Does anyone have any clue? It's
gettting quite annoying...
TIA, Marcio Cordero

http://www.gmx.net