Thanks, I am trying it now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Laxdal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 12:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] problem running kdm on Mandrake 8.1 (kdm xdm XFREE
remote login )

Mandrake 8.1 includes KDE 2.2.1, in which the kdm no longer necessarily uses
the xdm configuration files.

What you need to do is change the fourth last line in:
     /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
from:
     Enable=false
to:
     Enable=true

Then carry out any configuration of the Xaccess file in /etc/X11/xdm, as you
can see there is a pointer to it in the kdmrc file.  Finally restart the
X-Server (go to the login screen and press Alt-E) for the changes to take
place.

Erik