I've had a similar problem with my ISP (AT&T @Home) refusing connections from my linux
box.  Solution:  I put together a bare-bones system w/ old parts I had lying around,
loaded Win95 and a proxy server.  Now the ISP is happy (it's getting connections from
a windows box), I'm happy (my linux box connects to the 'net again), and all those
guys out there floating Code Red & Co. are happily requesting 'cmd.exe' from my linux
firewall that sits behind the windows proxy.  I call it The Tao of Relation to One's
ISP.

Good luck.