At 04:02 PM 10/23/2001 -0200, Jose Orlando T. Ribeiro wrote:

>you don't have to delete the file... just comment the line with a # in the
>beggining of the line.
>
>orlando
That would be true if he was using 7.1 or earlier, since they use inetd
(and hence inetd.conf).  For 7.2 and letter, you need to edit
/etc/xinetd.d/ipop3, such that it looks as below:

# default: on
#              using an POP3 client such as Netscape Communicator, mutt, \
#              or fetchmail.
service pop3
{
        disable                 = yes
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/ipop3d
        log_on_success          += USERID
        log_on_failure          += USERID
}