On Monday 22 October 2001 19:57, David Oberbeck wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
>    I assumed that Chris was asking about the commercial version, e.g.
> a "Power Pack" edition with commercial stuff on it (e.g. Real Player,
> ViaVoice, etc). I think the 3 disk set from Cheap Bytes is the same as
> the download version (the free and / or GPL compliant software), e.g.
> the ISOs available from various places:

I have the cheapbytes version, as I am only on a slow modem link, but I
have always purchased the powerpack version as it became available.

I found this link on another mailing list,
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=29767

"TransGaming and MandrakeSoft send along an announcement of the
upcoming release of "Mandrake Linux Gamer Edition" which will be shipping
on November 9, 2001.  Included in the bundle will be Mandrake Linux 8.1,
Electronic Arts' The Sims and TransGaming's WineX portability technology
which allows many other games designed for Windows to run on Linux. In
their words: "This release marks the beginning of a new era for gamers
and Linux users, as dual booting is no longer necessary for gaming on
Linux." MSRP for the bundle is $69.99."

Is Mandrake holding out on us? Is this just a rumor? Sounds like it will
be pretty cool to me.

--
Alex
Linux 2.4.12-ac5 #2 Mon Oct 22 16:27:14 EDT 2001 i686