>From looking at the archives it seems, like me, many people are having
problems with kmix. One suggestion I saw said to use sndconfig to
reconfigure sound. I did this in a virtual console before logging in at
KDM and once logged in kmix worked like a charm. One reboot later though
and it's broken again (claims an invalid mixer). Is this something to do
with DevFS? Other than this sound works fine, although occasionally the
audio devs seem to end up being owned by a previously logged in user,
without an intermediate reboot - DevFS again? What is the best way to
fix these problems?

Thanks,
Nick.