Well here's just my un-orthodox guess:

Create a new user and group on your machine and give it ownership of
that disk partition.  Or maybe just pick an already existing group and
put the partition in that group.  As you can probably tell, I'm just
guessing here 'cause I've never had to try that; I believe it's going to
have to be a combination of permissions / ownership / grouping to get
what you want.  Maybe a System Admin could chime in here and add something?

Good luck, Mike