Hi,

I've upgraded Mandrake 8.0 to 8.1 and I am having problems with mouse
detection. It seems it is due to devfs support configuration.

When X Windows starts, either on system bootup or just after doing 'killall
X', mouse does not respond. If I do CRTL + ALT + F1 and I go back to X with
ALT + F7,  X Window freezes for half a second and then comes back with the
mouse working properly!

I cannot make gpm work either from system bootup, even configuring it saying
that my mouse is /dev/misc/psaux instead of /dev/mouse. It seems the device
file /dev/misc/psaux is not accesible at boot time. The funny thing is that
if I go to a text console again after bootup and I do /etc/init.d/gpm start
then the gpm works fine.

I think this behavior is just seen in kernels with devfs support.

Do someone know why is this happening?
Is there a way to fix it without switching off devfs support?

Thanks very much in advance!

Jose