On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Dennis Myhand wrote:

When I first registered at Seti (on line) I made a mistake!
I could NOT run seti... I can't remember the messages!
I was trying to run it with 'that' email... no way (only as root!)
But then I downloaded again and submited the 'correct' email!
>From then on, no problems!

That's why I thought It could be a 'email'  problem, just like my
situation on year ago!

But as I've seen on another msg...maybe your problem is with the tar file!
I got and tar.gz. also!

[]s Ricardo Castanho

ps:I meant 'setup an account' which I made mistake and had to set another
one!

>"Ricardo Castanho de O. Freitas" wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, dmyhand wrote:
>> Hi there!
>> I have been running Seti@home for an year or so...
>> First things first!
>> Have you registered yourself at Seti@home?
>Not sure what you mean "register."  If you mean set up an account, or log into
>an existing account, this is where I am running into problems, as I explained
>in my note.
>> Have you downloaded the last version?
>Yes.
>> Are you using the same e-mail (the one you've registered with) to run
>> seti?
>As I said, this is where the problem is.

That's why I mentioned 'register' (set an account up), because that's
exactly what happened to me!

I just started it all over from the beginning!

>> You should run it as a normal user! Have you installed the software on
>> your Home directory?
>>Well, I'm sure not going to install it as root.

You'd amazed how many friends I have that run seti@home as root!
Never hurts to say! I hope! ;-)

Linux user # 102240 => Machine # 96125 => Seti@home user