You have the wrong driver.

Head to the webpage.  www.matrox.com/mga  Follow the links and download two
things.

The PowerDesk software, and the beta driver for the DualHead.  Install the
driver, then install the PowerDesk software.  Run the PowerDesk software
to configure your DualHead, then restart XWindows.  Works like a charm.

I'm running a 1.2 Athlon, 512 MG RAM, Mandrake 8.0.  The only reason I had
any problems with the install, was because the Matrox website went down the
weekend I was trying to do this, and I couldn't find the beta driver I
needed on the FTP site.  IT should take you about 15 minutes to do the above
depending on your download speeds.
tdh

  T. Holmes  |  UNIXTECHS.org  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  UIN:  17021091
 | Thanks, Alex for the reply...
 |
 | I did define 2 devices, 2 screens and ServerLayout as you've described. Only
 | difference is, I did not specify "Option AGPMode 1" in the Devices section.
 | I have a Matrox Millennium G400 which works in Windows98 but not in Mandrake
 | 8.0.
 |
 | I am using the mga_drv.o driver that came with the LM8.0 distribution.
 | Should I download the mga driver from the Matrox website? I seem to remember
 | reading somewhere that the "mga" driver in LM8.0 distribution is broken...
 |
 | Thanks,
 | Carlo.

  7:48AM  up 8 days, 20:27, 5 users, load averages: 0.11, 0.05, 0.02