On Thursday 08 November 2001 02:52 pm, Bjarne penned:
> Do not use this list for surveys, PLEASE!
> It should be used for technical questions
> relating to Linux Mandrake products.

Please allow me to agree and disagree.  Since I don't post often, please
allow me a few words.

The reasons for avoiding email glut on mailing lists has received plenty of
attention, and they are good reasons.  there are far too many "me too" posts
on this thread, particularly for an "expert" list.  perhaps we should limit
ourselves to contributing something unique instead of "yeah, I run LM81 and
run VM..." over and over.

also, let us maybe try searching list archives before asking a question.
this list has a long and proud history of overposting personal reports of
linux use.  read those, please?

but since lots of people responded to this thread, maybe it's not so bad to
have it on the list.  I must say that i made good use of my [delete] key for
this particular thread, that's the best cure for a "me too" thread.

thanks for indulging me,  i hope i'm not chewing up too much bandwidth.