Hi, msec is a bit destructive when you change the level upward, not only
do file attributes get changed , but a few get blown away, the xinetd
files.
so once you go down the files are no longer there to reinstall.
I've been caught by this one !
I did a reinstall of every thing after this happened on my system, but
I'm not sure if thats really required or not.
I seen to recall some of the daemon binaries were also blown
away....well I could'nt find them !
So does msec hide them somewhere...one for the  sec gurus

HTH

--
Richard Bown
Ericsson Microwave Systems AB