Hi,

        I upgraded my home machine (Intel 810 board, 128M RAM, Celeron
Processor) from Mandrake 8.0 to 8.1 last night. I used the download edition
for this upgrade. After the upgrade some things are working as usual fine,
but there seem to be issues with:

        a) Konqueror: I CANNOT start konqueror for the first time after the
upgrade for any user login if I log in to KDE. However, if I log in to
GNOME, ICEWM etc and then start konqueror I can subsequently start konqueror
in KDE. Also Konqueror seems to take longer to start while all other KDE
applications seem much faster in starting.

        b) Desktop Shortcuts/ CDROM: Using the desktop shortcut for
accessing a data CDROM caused my machine to hang. This is a rare occassion
on which I have seen MDK hang! This maybe something again to do with
konqueror or the kernel automount feature, I am not too sure.

        c) Unmounting File Systems: The system failed to unmount /dev/cdrom
when shutting down although this might be a one-off one time problem.

        Overall, 8.1 seems to have made some improvements in look and feel,
although I had hoped that the Object Prelinking etc would have improved
performance a lot, which does not seem to be the case. I have not tested
many of the applications and hope to do so this weekend.

        If anyone has any suggestions on what is happenning with konqueror
and how to get around it, it would be great.

        Thanks,
        Arnab