> getting brahms to compile and run has been my holy grail for the last few
> months.  I contacted the author at one time and he said that you need to have

Yes, and other stuff like that eca sound thingie :). Anyhow, I've given it
a try, and came close, but I'm maybe in a special set of users, those who
have been playing with bleeding edge KDE (and Qt as well) sources for a
while now. Hence, my Qt is the one out of kde qt-copy CVS. I do have older
libraries (2.2.4, and 3.0.0 non-threaded) in the 'right' places as long as
qt-mt which is used for KDE proper. But my includes are those from version
3.0.0-whatever that kde/qt-copy uses.

Despite ensuring that the libraries, headers and (important) the version of
the Qt moc tool are all right, and I don't have any old version of something
lying around, I'm getting errors when it attempts to use the moc it just
created in brahms/presentations/kde. Usually these errors are caused by
old .moc files lying around but I don't think it should happen in this
case.

I don't want to have to keep legacy development stuffs around just to compile
third-party things necessarily. Is there a way out - at least until the
authors of the respective tools update to current KDE/Qt?

BTW, I just fired off a message to the brahms mailing list - maybe you might
do as well.